Not only is mulch aesthetically pleasing, it actually serves a purpose. Mulching your beds helps keep weeds down, and helps keep moisture in the soil, which means less watering! Before you mulch keep these things in mind:
- Remove ALL weeds and grass from any beds
- Spread mulch 2”- 4” deep ( depending on how coarse the mulch is)
- Keep mulch 1”-2” away from tree roots
- Don’t pile mulch against plants or trees, this could suffocate and harm the plant
- Wear gloves, use a wheelbarrow to transport, and a rake to make mulch level! Work smarter- not harder!